Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blasst from the past

So today we pulled up to church (we have been going to a new building for a few weeks with a new sister ward) and there was a brother teaching his primary class outside on some steps. I told Nicole that looked like Jeremy Barton. I got out of the car and he looked at me and said "Brandon?" - sure enough it was Jeremy Barton. He lives 5 or 6 streets away from me and so we are going to try and get together. As if that wasn't enough - he said "Oh you won't believe this, but Robbie Franklin just moved into our ward and I just saw him today. Sure enough taking Afton to change her diaper during sacrament meeting I run into Robbie in the hall and they just moved into a house right by Carter's school. Sort of crazy.

I was talking to mom tonight and you know I am still amazed at knowing Jeremy's history and past that he is now active in the church and doing good. I know that over the years several of our family members have been involved in the Barton family - from taking Jeremy's brothers to scouts and other church activities, and and having Jeremy at scout camp, etc or dating his cousin. Anyways just amazing that he is now totally active in the church and all of the time that was spent with their family paid off. Sort of neat.

Anyways we are getting excited with the talk about the family reunion and it is going to be good to be together.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I don't remember the cousing dating being any type of missionary actitity, but now that you put it that was...I was just trying to prepare for my mission??!!