Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Hunting Entry - ELK HUNT




Well not much to report - just went on an elk hunt this weekend and got back this afternoon. Had a good time, went with my buddy from work and his 2 kids, another buddy of his and his father-in-law. We went to an area east of Strawberry Res. about 2 hours from SLC. We were an dirt roads for about 45 minutes. We had to drive through 2 ponds that had water about 2-3 feet of water and slid around in the mud, but made it there safely. Woke up early and rode 4 wheelers to the area were were going to hunt and then walked down and up the valley where we were going to hunt. It was a though hike. The weather was cold, but nice. The three pictures are what I looked at for a day and a half looking for elk to shoot. This was a spike hunt which means you can only shoot bull elk that there antlers have not forked yet. I only saw one that I could have shot, but he was moving really fast, and by the time and put a scope on him he was in the trees. I did see a few cow elks and a big bull elk, but couldn't shoot them. All in all it was a cold fun weekend - can't wait to do it again. Anyways with that much spare time I did some carving. I know it's not nice and destructive, but I've always wanted to do that in an aspen tree.

Just an update of Landon, last weekend he had an urinary tract infection, which is not supposed to really happen with boys - a few years ago he had issues with this and they ran some test, x-rays, ultrasounds, etc. Anyways he has an apt, with a urologist on Tues. to make sure everything is OK, but the antibiotics kicked in and his pee-tail is doing better. He told Nicole this morning that "it doesn't feel like there is a needle in my pee-pee when I go to the bathroom anymore"

2 comments:

Diana Glade said...

I'm glad Landon is doing better and it sounds like your hunting trip was fun. Also I love the pic on the side of your blog of you guys at mt. rushmore!

raineytg said...

My heart just hurts so bsd that this young man has to endure soooo much pain. He is truly a latter day warrior.